The District of Columbia Department of Small and Local Business Development (DSLBD) awards annual clean team grants.
DSLBD funds clean teams to accomplish the following objectives:
- Improve commercial district appearance to help increase foot traffic, and consequently, opportunity for customer sales.
- Provide jobs for DC residents.
- Reduce litter, graffiti, and posters, which contribute to the perception of an unsafe commercial area.
- Maintain a healthy tree canopy, including landscaping, along the corridor.
- Support Sustainable DC goals by recycling, mulching street trees, using eco-friendly supplies, and reducing stormwater pollution genera ted by DC’s commercial districts.
In the fall of 2017 CAUFS was awarded a Clean Teams grant.